2020 Back to school doesn't need to be a nightmare.
So if you are anything like me, you might never be 100% on the mark with everything when it comes to organisation or timekeeping, although I did surpass myself in Edie's first 3 terms in foundation! (Only late a few times!) This year is certainly going to look a bit different.
Please do not take this as anything other than a parent trying to limit the morning and evening stress of new routines and keep my sh*t remotely cool!!
I needed to write a list with the things that are going to help in the first few weeks and relieve the stress and anxiety about the 'new normal'.
- Check your children's school guidelines. Every school is working to a whole host of guidelines and changes which will include a limit to the items children are allowed to bring Into school and school meals.
- Check the timings and school pick ups, every mum I have spoken to have had staggered times and entry points for their childs drop off and pick up. (I’m confused easily!)
- Sh** loads of snacks for the moment they walk out of school. New term, 6 months off for most, late bedtimes and a ‘new normal’ to get used to, may make for some hangry and emotional children.
- Prepare for some of the usual after school clubs and activities to be limited on numbers, cancelled or delayed. God bless the after school clubs that help us all out, nothing like a child free and peaceful trip around the supermarket after work!
- Please CHECK YOUR KIDS POCKETS BEFORE SCHOOL! My daughter likes to smuggle small soft toys, snacks, lip glosses and random stones and leaves she has found into her pockets.
Lastly: Don't forget your school run drink and you can get one of our Tired mums' club or Tired dads' club for just £6 using the code b2s until Sunday 6th September
Heres a list of some of the bits we couldn't do without, we'd love to hear about some of yours so please feel free to comment and leave some links 😀